Thursday, July 25, 2024

Favorite Book Finder Dashboard: An Excel Template

As an avid reader, I often rely on online sources for free versions of books due to their high cost. Project Gutenberg is one of my primary resources for great books. To streamline my search, I downloaded and compiled an extensive list of books from the website into an Excel file and created this dashboard to easily find my favorite books.

By simply selecting a book title from a dropdown list (searchable in Office 365), the dashboard displays the author's name and lists other books by the same author in the left column. While this could be automated, I opted to allow manual selection from the dropdown list. The backend database is organized to enable searches by the first or last name of the author as well.

This dashboard summarizes a list of over 100,000 books. I'm currently working on another dashboard that will allow users to search by book category in addition to book title or author, including web links to the desired books. This tool is a valuable resource for passionate readers.

 


For Free Template or Service, Please contact rubeliba@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment